— Oak Avenue at Oak Lawn Plantation © Gazie Nagle —
- Location Parkers Ferry, St. Paul's Parish, Charleston County
Near Parkers Ferry and Osbourne close to Edisto River
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Pon Pon
- Current status Privately owned
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Sea island cotton and rice
- Alphabetical list William Elliott, Ambrose Gonzales, Hampton, Sacheverel, William Skirving, Smith
- Number of slaves ?
- House burned by Sherman
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Suzanne Cameron Linder, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
(Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995), pp. 407-417
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
More about Charleston
- Learn more about historic Charleston County including the port city of Charleston. We have helpful guides to Charleston history and Charleston libraries and museums – plus Charleston restaurants, Charleston bed & breakfasts, Charleston hotels, Charleston real estate, and Charleston jobs.