Canaan Plantation Fairfield County
- Location 6 miles east of Winnsboro, Fairfield County
- Origin of name Named by General Bratton after the land of Canaan (2, p. 3)
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Early to mid 1800s General John Bratton owned the plantation (2, p. 3).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Number of slaves ?
- General Bratton was known for treating his slaves kind and well (2, p. 4).
References & Resources
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Information contributed by Cyndi Shull from:
Fairfield Genealogical Society Newsletter - June 2001 - PDF - pp. 3-4