Cary's Fort Plantation Lugoff Kershaw County
- Location Lugoff, Kershaw County
- Origin of name For early owner, James Cary
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? James Cary owned the plantation. He was a loyalist during the American Revolution (1).
- 1780 The Skirmish at Cary's Fort took place. Brig. Gen. Thomas Sumter lead a militia that capture the fort as well as its commander, Col. James Cary. Cary was exiled to London where he died in 1796 (1 and 2).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Chronological list James Cary (?-1780)
References & Resources
- Information contributed by James Cary
- The Skirmish at Cary's Fort