Oldfield Plantation St Stephen Berkeley County
- Location St. Stephen St. Stephen's Parish, Berkeley County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1790 Philip Porcher Jr was listed in the Census for the Parish in this year and most likely owned the plantation at this time (1, p. 204-205).
- 1817 Philip Porcher Jr passed away (1, p. 79).
- 1839 Thomas Cordes Porcher, Philip's son, owned Oldfield Plantation (3).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- There is a cemetery at Oldfield Plantation (2).
References & Resources
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley
- Oldfield Plantation Cemetery, Berkeley County, South Carolina
- From the description of Account book of Philip Porcher, 1776-1936. (College of Charleston). WorldCat record id: 32108298