Bellevue Plantation Santee River Georgetown County
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Circa 1792 Major William Capers purchased Bellevue Plantation after the death of his wife Mary Singletary Capers in 1792 (1, p. 157) and (3).
- 1850 Dr. Nowell owned the plantation and was growing rice on it (2, p. 303).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice (2, p. 303)
References & Resources
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley
- George C. Rogers, Jr., The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina (Spartanburg, SC: Reprint Company, 1990)
Order The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina
- Information contributed by Lodi Palmer