Blackwell Plantation Eastover Richland County
Special thanks to Alma Boone for contributing the information on this page.
- Location Eastover, Richland County
Located off Highway 378
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Privately owned; ruins of buildings remain
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- Late 1770s or early 1780s House completed
- 1865 Sherman did not burn Blackwell during his march because the family that owned it at that time worked out an arrangement to help feed, house, and entertain the Union troops.
- Number of acres 180 acres in 2010
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list ?
- Number of slaves ?
- Ruins remain of the house and summer kitchen